Grotesque Anatomy
Thursday, November 06, 2003
  Gimee Gimee Gimee!
I've considered adding donation buttons on this blog from time to time but never followed through with it.  Then I saw this entry on Graeme's blog where he linked to an entry on Mark Evanier's blog where Mark revealed he's doing quite well in terms of tips.  So, yeah, that finally motivated me to set up some donation buttons on the right.  And I only mention this to be up-front about the fact that I am doing this for the money, but I certainly don't expect that people have to contribute anything.  If you do, great, thank you, but I won't be guilting people into helping me run the blog or anything.  I don't really have any additional expenses associated with doing the blog (I'm hosting it through Blogger for free, and I store images on webspace that I already had as part of my broadband service), so it's not like I need to be reimbursed for money I'm throwing into this.  There's the time aspect, but like most bloggers, I do this because I enjoy it, not because I expect to be compensated.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the matter.  I promise never to bring it up again--I just wanted to lay out my reasons for adding the shameless soliciting on the right.

EDIT: Moved the donation buttons to the bottom of the left section because they seemed to be causing problems with the links not displaying on the right for some people. Please let me know if the links still aren't showing up on the right side as they should. Thanks.
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
Archie vs. Yugi?
Now This Is Self-Loathing Theatre!
Schulman on SSM: Civilization in Crisis
Preordering Is Hell
SAD: Sequential Art Disgust?
Self-Loathing Theatre
Future Comics: "Tokyopop Who?"
Blogs Run Amuck!!
Comics Grab Bag: Around the Dial
More Measures of Manga