Grotesque Anatomy
Monday, January 19, 2004
  Anemic Bloodstream
Knowing of my strange fascination with Bloodstream, Johanna Draper Carlson kindly sent me the first issue of the series.  Based on the solicitation copy for later issues, I had hoped that the comic might provide similar unintentional humor.  Unfortunately, the book is just flat-out bad.  Johanna covered many of the book's problems in her review, but here is a short list of my own complaints:
Ah well.  It looks like my interest in this comic was spoiled by actually reading it.  Even my hope of seeing some expert hallway navigation seems dashed by the looks of the online preview for Bloodstream #2.  Apparently Amber will spend more time fighting a wolf in the snow than masterfully maneuvering through corridors.
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
A Tale Of Two Publishers
Shonen Jump Sales: Now Divide My Enthusiasm By Two
The Bloodstream Solicitation Watch
Interactive Anatomy
The Case For Being Unable To Wait For The Trade
The Case For Waiting For The Trade, Part 284
Also: Spider-Girl To Feature 80% More Panty Shots
Waiting for the "Waiting for the Trade" Argument T...
2002 in Review in Review
Hitting Me Where It Hurts