Grotesque Anatomy
Wednesday, January 14, 2004
  Interactive Anatomy
I just realized that I haven't ordered The Moth Double-Sized Special yet.  It's still sitting in my online cart, waiting to be purchased.  The order cutoff date is coming up, so I have to decide soon.  At this point I'm not sure which way to go.  On the one hand, Steve Rude is one of my favorite artists, so I'm excited to see a new project from him.  On the other hand, I'm guessing that this special will be collected in a trade along with the upcoming Moth limited series once it's finished.  And since the series is coming out from Dark Horse, any trade would probably have spiffy extras such as sketches or threatening letters from Marvel's lawyers.

So what should I do?  Buy the special or wait for the trade?

Since I'm on the fence about this, I'm going to let YOU decide.  That's right:  In the grand tradition of such stunts as "Should the Joker kill Jason Todd?" the readers will determine the outcome of this cliffhanger.  Simply cast your vote via email or the comments thread.  (Sorry, no 800 numbers.)  Whichever option gets the most votes is what I'll end up doing.  I'll tally things up this weekend and announce the result on Monday, January 19th.

Thank you in advance for helping make this decision for me.
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
The Case For Being Unable To Wait For The Trade
The Case For Waiting For The Trade, Part 284
Also: Spider-Girl To Feature 80% More Panty Shots
Waiting for the "Waiting for the Trade" Argument T...
2002 in Review in Review
Hitting Me Where It Hurts
If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em (Or At Least Trick...
Breakdowns Beatdown
But Does It Feature Wacky Hijinks?
Marvel Age: Threat or Menace?