Grotesque Anatomy
Monday, April 12, 2004
  Failing Stamina
If my day at work today was any indication, I probably won't have the time or energy to blog much for the next week or two.  In the meantime, there's plenty of other good stuff to read out there in the comics blogosphere and beyond.  As Tim O'Neil noted today, the blogosphere has exploded recently with plenty of fine writers to pick up the slack when others are unable to deliver for whatever reason.  You're still welcome to check this page as often as you wish, or you can just watch the wonderfully useful Comic Weblog Updates page to see when 'Grotesque Anatomy' reappears on the list.  (There's also the atom feed for this blog, but I figure everyone who'd be interested in that is already using it, right?)

And to keep this from simply being one of those boring "Gone Fishin'" posts, here's a link to the blog of Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá, two "comic book storytellers from Brasil."  It's a bit light on content at the moment (their other blog seems more active, but, monolingual American that I am, I can't read it), but I love it for the banner graphic alone:

Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba

I feel like there's a story in that single simple image.  Is this from a published story or new for the blog?  Anyway, I'm not that familiar with their work, having only read their short story "Qu'est-ce Que C'est?" in the Eisner-nominated anthology Autobiographix, but I like their style.  You can see more of their artwork here and here as well.
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
Entertainment Weekly Covers Comics
Now I Know How Those "Real" Sites Like Newsarama Feel
Why Isn't This An Eisner Category?
But Who The Heck Will Ever Remember The Term 'Meto...
"Oh, Wait - We Should Have Been Going In This Dire...
Reconsidering "Wait For The Trade"
Bad Thought Balloon Elements
Video Game Reviews: AVENGERS/JLA #4
Street Angel Watch
CrossGen Goes Direct-to-Video?