Grotesque Anatomy
Wednesday, May 12, 2004
  Blogger Ate The Issue of Night Nurse I'd Written, So You Get This Instead
It seems the esteemed Heidi MacDonald has written some things that have ruffled some feathers throughout the blogosphere.  Myself, I can't get too upset about Heidi's remarks for several reasons:
  1. I haven't actually read the article in question, so I don't want to jump to conclusions based on the few excerpts I've seen.
  2. Are we sure that wasn't a typo in that one quote?  Perhaps Heidi meant to say "a lot of [comic blogs] are really dope."
  3. Even if that wasn't a typo, obviously Heidi doesn't dislike all blogs since she still has one herself.  (Although, as a blogger whose stamina was once publicly questioned, I do have to point out that her blog hasn't been updated since April 29th.)
Besides, in a long comments thread over on Thought Balloons, Heidi clarifies her position somewhat and promises that she'll be addressing people's reactions to her CBG piece in "another venue."  So I'll wait until then to denounce her harshly.  (Kidding!)

(And speaking of stamina, this is probably a good time to warn whatever readers this blog may have that blogging will be light for the foreseeable future.  With the arrival of spring, my thoughts are turning to other hobbies, such as lawn care and ruining perfectly good meat on the grill.  I'm sure I'll continue to post every now and then, but I doubt it'll be daily.  As always, check the Totally Dope & Fly Comic Weblogs Funk-A-Tron 3000 for updates.)

UPDATE:  Heidi has updated her blog with the promised response to the blogosphere.  And I win a prize.  (But no link under the "Favorite Sites" section?  [Sob!]  I guess I'll have to settle for being included on her laundry list of love.)
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
Who Knew It Was So Easy To Cheat Death?
Entertainment Weekly Loves Comics
A Marvel U Review: Fantastic Four #512
Gumshoe Reviews: Dodge's Bullets
A Pair Of Goons
Demo-licious!
NO! He's -- you DIDN'T! YOU-- Huh? --NO!
DCU Quick Reviews
But Weren't There Two Endings To King Kong vs. God...
Monday Must Mean More Manga Mainstream Marketing