Grotesque Anatomy
Thursday, May 20, 2004
  Waiting So Long
It's finally here!
SPOT JUN04 1647 ESSENTIAL IRON FIST VOL 1 TP $16.99 = $
Damn right it's a spotlight item!

I'm also looking forward to the third and final New X-Men hardcover.  I've actually managed to avoid spoilers for most of the issues contained in this collection, so I'm looking forward to reading it.  (If there were an X-Statix hardcover on that list, I'd probably be feeling enough love towards Marvel to qualify temporarily as a genuine Marvel fanboy.)  (Thanks to Marc-Oliver Frisch for the link.)

Meanwhile, nothing much excites me from DC's August solicitations.  The superhero titles look especially grim, what with the 25-part crossovers and multiple covers from "hot" artists.  Suddenly DC seems more Marvel than Marvel itself.

EDIT:  I take it back.  No one can out-Marvel Marvel.  They've seen DC's bid and upped the ante considerably with a "special foil-enhanced cover"; a "re-scripted" version of Ultimate Spider-Man (am I the only one who thought of What's Up, Tiger Lily?); and Rob Liefeld on interior art for a brand-new X-FORCE #1.  (Link via Graeme.)

Finally, I am still planning on writing more about reviewing.  I just want to make sure my thoughts are a little less scattered first.  (And if I never do deliver as promised, I'm going to claim it was all just a brilliant homage to Mother, Come Home.)
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
Review Reaction Reflection (Part 1)
Spring Cleaning, Spring Reading
Blogger Ate The Issue of Night Nurse I'd Written, ...
Who Knew It Was So Easy To Cheat Death?
Entertainment Weekly Loves Comics
A Marvel U Review: Fantastic Four #512
Gumshoe Reviews: Dodge's Bullets
A Pair Of Goons
Demo-licious!
NO! He's -- you DIDN'T! YOU-- Huh? --NO!