Grotesque Anatomy
Monday, June 14, 2004
  "ALL YOUR KUNG FU TRICKS CAN'T SAVE YOU THIS TIME!"
In anticipation of Essential Iron Fist (and because James Schee didn't know who Iron Fist was (I know, I was shocked too, but I try to be tolerant and accepting)), I've been browsing through a lot of old Iron Fist covers.  Man, these are classic.  And hilarious.

IRON FIST #1

It's like that O. Henry story "The Gift of the Magi," only with repulsor rays and kung fu blows.

IRON FIST #4

Yeah, too bad martial arts don't train you about anything useful, like using leverage to defeat your enemy.

MARVEL PREMIERE #16

Let's see:  If you're able to BREAK CHAINS with your bare fists, don't you think it might be a good idea to break the chain wrapped around your neck?

POWER MAN #49

Because Luke Cage's policy has always been:  "You break a hero's life, you pay for a hero's life."
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
EW's Comic Coverage
Bargains and Betrayal
Thanks
Friday Free-For-All
Mercenary Musings
Miscellaneous Manga Musings
Rainy Day Diversions
But I Can't Be The Only One Who Sees It, Can I?
Just To Show That I'm Not Obsessed With The Sex Li...
More Creepy Sexual Situations Starring Marvel Char...