Grotesque Anatomy
Thursday, July 15, 2004
  Identity Crisis Crisis
Given the controversy that's sprung up around Identity Crisis (especially the second issue), I'm interested in reading it, mainly so that I can be better informed when I wade into discussions about how the series might alter underlying assumptions about the DCU and its heroes. The thing is, I really don't want to shell out $3.95 an issue ($3.95 an issue??? Didn't DC say that after #1 "Subsequent issues are 40 pages at $3.50"? Guess they wanted to squeeze a little more money from hardcore fans) just to research the latest corporate comic crossover gimmick. So I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who's willing to work out some kind of arrangement whereby I can read the first two issues. Obviously, I'm hoping to get these as cheaply as possible, but I'm willing to swap for them or pay up to half cover price. I am not interested in the collectible value of these comics (which, let's face it, will be nil) so please don't offer to sell me a lot of 100 copies. Please contact me via email or in the comments thread below if you can bear to part with these comics. Thanks!

UPDATE: David Welsh has kindly offered to send me his copy of Identity Crisis #1, so now I'm just looking for #2 if anyone who really hated it is looking to get it out of their house.

UPDATE ONCE AGAIN:  Johanna is sending me a copy of Identity Crisis #2, so soon I'll be able to join in the outrage and be informed while doing so!  (Thanks, David and Johanna.)  
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
"And In This Corner, Weighing In At Approximately ...
Marvel Solicitations On Crack
And There Was Much Ambivalence
"Watch Out, Boy - She'll Chew You Up"
Pessimistic Previews: Street Angel #3
DC in October
Oh My
Marred Manga
Sequent And It Looks Like Art
Last Month's Comics...Today!!