Grotesque Anatomy
Monday, March 01, 2004
  For This We Waited Two Weeks??
Gah.  So tired.  Just want to sleep, but I suppose I'd better blog something otherwise I'm going to get in the habit of not blogging.  (As the nuns in Catholic school always said, if you do something for three weeks, it'll become a habit.)  Since I'm feeling incoherent, this is going to be pretty scattered/sketchy.

First of all, I apologize to all those who emailed while I was away:  I know I haven't responded to everyone yet, but I plan to.  Strangely, the two-week period where I was gone may have been the blog's busiest in terms of email.  I blame The Beat!'s inclusion of this blog in its "Crisis On Infinite Blogospheres" roundup.  (A genuine thanks to The Beat! for mentioning and linking to this blog.  And even bigger thanks for working my name into the construction "Mr. ________ could not be reached for comment."  It's been a life-long dream to see myself referred to in that way.)  And The Beat! is one savvy scout:  Stamina is something I always worry about with this whole blogging thing.  Personally, I'm surprised I've lasted this long at it, given my flaky attention span.

Next, I just took a look at what's coming tomorrow in my Big Monthly Box O' Comics and I'm pretty excited.  Now, generally I don't list out what comics I'm getting each month, but this time I figured what the heck:  It can serve as a glimpse into the comics I actually read when I'm not busy making snarky comments about them.  Plus, I'm wiped out and desperate to fill space.

Observations:  A lot of magazines about comics (for me at least).  And a good number of trades (5), but three times as many singles (15)!  How did that happen?  I thought I was supposed to be one of the poster boys for "Waiting For The Trade."  Hmm.  I guess that just goes to show that groupthink doesn't always translate into corresponding groupact.

Finally, here's your Vacation Photo of the Day:

 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
Gratuitous Blogging
Votes & Vacation
Inarticulate Musings
If I Had A Million Dollars
DC + CMX = $$$?
COW = Cash Owed Workers
Markets Really Do Work Better at Information Aggre...
Incongruous Statement of The Week
Isn't Graeme Always On A Rampage?
EW Sez Escapist Not Escapist Enough