Grotesque Anatomy
Saturday, April 17, 2004
  Only In The Silver Age
"Before I hit the water, I'll dance the cha-cha-cha -- wave my cape like a flag -- then finish the dive while saluting with one paw!"

"But he doesn't have the string any more!! ...Are his X-Kryptonite sniffing days also gone forever??"

"Even if I still had my super-powers, I wouldn't overtake him!  Men enjoy feeling superior to women!"

"It's silly, but I actually feel jealous of my own robot, who is only following orders!"

"The Sparacolicin serum was successful!  What a shame our supply was the only amount of it in existence, and the formula has just been destroyed in a fire!"

"In a way I'll miss that second head!  It was almost like having...a twin sister!"

"Physically, she's the mightiest female of all time!  But at heart, she's as gentle and sweet and as quick to tears -- as any ordinary girl!"

(All quotes from the fabulously ginchy Supergirl Archives Volume 2, which, among its many other gems, includes a tale where Supergirl fights "The Infinite Monster" -- a monster so colossally big that it appears to humans as just a pair of gigantic legs because "our eyes can't see all of its unbelievably huge body!")
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
Around The Blogosphere
Your "Why-The-Direct-Market-Sucks" Reading Of The Day
Things To Look Forward To This Fall
Flights of Fancy
Comic Contrasts
Lazy Linkblogging
Next Issue:  Huntress, Wearing Only G-String & Tas...
Failing Stamina
Entertainment Weekly Covers Comics
Now I Know How Those "Real" Sites Like Newsarama Feel