Grotesque Anatomy
Sunday, November 16, 2003
  November Preorders for January 2004 Comics
It seems that comics malaise is getting worse:  Several of the usual "Previews Reviewers" haven't written anything up for the latest catalog, and those who have seem downright grumpy about the latest Previews:
About the only person I've read who seemed enthusiastic about reading through the new Previews was Laura Gjovaag.  Her only unhappiness stems from the fact that she can't afford everything that looks interesting to her.

I did notice after putting my (tentative) order together that it was smaller than previous months, but that's fine with me.  I've been spending too much on comics lately anyway.  If I really needed to pad out my order, I could pick up trades for some of my favorite series (Club 9, Slam Dunk, What's Michael?) but I think I'll hold off on that as well.  I still have plenty of comics to catch up on, so there's no real urgency to get the collected editions of stuff I've already read.

But no one's excited about the DAN CLOWES' GHOST WORLD ENID HI-FASHION GLAMOUR DOLL (p. 384)?
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
Manga Stack of Intimidation In The News
More Mainstream Magazine Mentions
The Trickle-Down Manga Theory
Alex Rossenstahl?
Manga Marches On
One-Line Reviews
Supervillain Snark
Playing With The Search Feature
Miscelleanous Manga
But Everything I Read Is Brilliant