Grotesque Anatomy
Tuesday, December 23, 2003
  Season's Greetings from All of Us Here at Grotesque Anatomy
Before I forget, I'll probably be taking a break from blogging for the rest of the year.  I have work off, and many family obligations throughout the holidays, so I doubt I'll have much time to blog anything.  I do hope to have a "Look Back at Comics in 2003" wrap-up at some point, but no promises or guarantees.

And if I can get sappy for just a moment, I'd like to thank everyone who read this blog over the past few months.  I wasn't sure I'd stick with it for long, as I have a tendency to get really gung-ho about something new but then lose all interest once the novelty fades.  Instead, I've been enjoying blogging about comics more and more.  I don't know if that enthusiasm always shows--I know I lapse into snarkiness a little too often, and I'm not immune to the malaise that makes its way through the comics community every few months--but writing and thinking and reacting about comics has really re-energized my interest in comics, both as a hobby and as an art form.  So thanks to everyone who participated in this and the many other fine blogs out there:  I know this is coming dangerously close to schmaltzy "Team Comics" sentimentality, but you've all made me believe that we really can save comics.

Especially if we all buy more manga.

Happy holidays, everyone!
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
Stupid Rings Critics, Part 4:
Tokyopop: Plans For World Domination Proceeding A...
Most Coincidental Timing Ever
Worst. Manga. Ever.
Manga Reviews for the Initiated
Also, Jughead's Goofy Hat To Be Replaced With Big ...
In Defense of Laziness
Moore Mainstream Coverage
Archie Manga?
Video Games and Comics: Underdogs Unite!