Grotesque Anatomy
Thursday, December 18, 2003
  Moore Mainstream Coverage
Slate has an article on Alan Moore titled "Please, Sir, I Want Some Moore" with the sub-heading "The lazy British genius who transformed American comics."  I was intrigued by this line in the article:  "His work is alternately groundbreaking and painfully lazy; he often coasts on his cleverness for a quick paycheck."  I'm trying to think of which works Moore did simply for the paycheck.  The Image and Awesome stuff?  Also, can one coast on cleverness?  "Gosh durn it!  I'm just so sick of this Moore fellow's cleverness.  I wish he'd do something different and dumb it down for once!"
 
Like Unto A Thing Of Irony!

Iron Fist

by John Jakala

HOME
Main Blog

MORE
Archie Manga?
Video Games and Comics: Underdogs Unite!
Image Solicits for March
2003 in Review: The X-Fan Version
"I Am Reborn, Like A Cheap Plastic Action Figure."
Back To The Nineties
Fun with DC Solicits and Covers
Tokyopop's Epic Plans
Pondering Prophecy
EW Comics Coverage